Major renovation coordinated by Montois Partners within the Architects Association ARIAS closely with Chicago architect Helmut Jahn. The facade has been completely replaced by a new blue glass wall that extends beyond the existing facades to create a transition between the neighboring residential areas and office district. The side wings were enlarged. At the rear, after partial demolition of the central wing, a new all-glass low-rise cylinder houses a conference center and equipped with 22 interpreting booths. The 3 wings are binded by a 47 tons steel frame 43 meters long. The blue glass curtain wall gives a new identity to Le Charlemagne, and becomes a major sign of the revival of the European District.
Client: Cofinimmo s.a.
Address: Rue de la Loi 1000 Bruxelles 1000 Bruxelles Belgique
Study: 1994 - 1996
Construction: 1996 - 1999
Area: 56.202 m▓
In association with: au sein deá: ARIAS